Lorel Clayton over at I'm Blogging Drowning Here has given Heather's Odyssey the Sugar Doll Blogger award! (please click on Lorel's name to check out her blog) From what I understand it is an award given to a blog that you love but whose author you'd love to know more about. It comes with the requirement of telling ten things about myself. This will go down in Heather's Odyssey history because I don't often reveal much about myself! Here goes:
1) I wrote my first book when I was twelve. It was awful and no, you'll never see it!
2) My love of fantasy began with a Time Life series of old faerie tale books that my grandmother had.
3) I played Dungeons and Dragons in high school. And I loved it. Yes, I did just admit that.
4) I was voted most likely to be wanted by the FBI by my fellow classmates my senior year. If you knew my proffession you'd love the irony of that. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is!
5) My first hero was Conan, he was all over my bedroom walls. I devoured every one of Robert E. Howard's books.
6) I read the first Dune book when I was thirteen, and loved it though I barely understood a word of it.
7) The first series of books I wrote-and got an agent for-didn't get published and I parted ways with that agent. I have plans to rewrite the series this year.
8) I refused to read young adult books until I met Aprilynne Pike and Sarah Brennan at the Hawaii Writer's Retreat and read their work. Upon realizing how fantastic the genre was I knew I had to write YA.
9) I love horses, despite three pretty bad riding accidents that all resulted in broken bones. I own two of them and ride every chance I get.
10) The tropics are my favorite place to be. I've been to Jamiaca, St. Lucia, and Hawaii. There's just something about them that kicks my writing muse into high gear!